Monday, October 4, 2010

The Waiting Place

The Waiting Place, For People Just Waiting <3
I'm beginning to regret taking a year off of school.
I feel stuck.
 Like I'm frozen in a period of time that has been accidentally misplaced,
and lost somewhere between the past and the present.
I catch myself pacing and anxious all the time.
As if I'm waiting for something or someone.
Only, I don't know who or what it is that I'm waiting for.
Maybe it's something absolutely life changing...
Or, maybe I'm just absolutely losing my mind.

Oh the Places You'll Go.....

You can get so confused
that you'll start in to race
down long wiggled roads at a break-necking pace
and grind on for miles cross weirdish wild space,
headed, I fear, toward a most useless place.
The Waiting Place...

...for people just waiting.
Waiting for a train to go
or a bus to come, or a plane to go
or the mail to come, or the rain to go
or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow
or the waiting around for a Yes or No
or waiting for their hair to grow.
Everyone is just waiting.

Waiting for the fish to bite
or waiting for the wind to fly a kite
or waiting around for Friday night
or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake
or a pot to boil, or a Better Break
or a string of pearls, or a pair of pants
or a wig with curls, or Another Chance.
Everyone is just waiting.

2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling exactly, but for me it's being in school and unsure of the next step. It always seems so easy to sit back and wait for something or someone to fix it all, but this isn't the movies where the job falls in your lap, you have some unexpected life altering experience that puts everything in perspective, the girl or guy of your dreams pops outta nowhere professing their love for you, etc. If you want something you have to get out there and kick some ass! You can't leave your future (or present for that matter) up to the appearance of someone or the occurrence of some unknown event that will never come. By the way, if anything I wrote doesn't make sense or sounds dumb it's cause I'm tired and have yet to start the 2 papers I have due tomorrow. Thanks for the extra distraction from hw! I thought you were the one who was supposed to keep me focused! Scoffing at me while I peruse import tuner articles, forums, and parts sites and what not during class. lol By the way I am kinda waiting for a S2000, so if ya wanna do something really cool you could gimme about $15k lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YIPPEEE I AM NOW BLOG FOLLOWING :)

    ReplyDelete