Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Back off Society!

Society likes to set rules and guidelines upon us,
 that we, as members of society, are expected to follow.
These rules are what we like to call "norms"
They are intended to scare us into abiding them, for fear that the rest of society will reject us. But they are nothing more than folkways.
 Just informal rules whose violation is not offensive,
but merely expected to be followed.
  It does not invite any legal punishment or sanctions, but all too often reprimands.
Who is society to define what is appropriate or inappropriate?
Right or wrong?
Acceptable or unacceptable?
People continually strive to make an impression on other people
But, the only person you need to make an impression on, is you.
Screw society and all of its ridiculous, unwarranted norms
and misguided philosophies
 I think that there is great courage in being able to challenge conventional thinking,
to step outside of the box and make NEW customs.

Allow yourself to live in a world where it's ok to play flying ninjas in the family room and do cannonballs off the furniture....
  where a Mormon and a Jew can play together in a public fountain...
Where its acceptable for "adults" to act like kids in a candy shop.....
 dress as they wish and play with supersoakers....
Live in THAT world!
So back the &^%$ off homogenized society, these guns are loaded! 

2 comments:

  1. I have been studying collective mentality for the last 3 years in all of my psychology and sociology courses.

    As if living in it wasn't bad enough..I get to read about it to. Puke.

    I love you friend. I love playing in fountains and eating candies and summoning sharks and running on the beach like sideways crabs.

    I love calling boys by the names "Oscar" and "Arcave". I love making oreos and 'totes being jelly' of Massey's cool lingo. I love naming Zambonis. I love that we have Wall-to-Franta stalkers. I love talking in arabic accents and adding "you miiight say" to the end of every sentence; then following it with a one-syllable word in an obnoxiously loud tone.

    I love you and unconforming to conformity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I just laughed. Out loud. All alone. You know those moods we both get in when we're so tired and slap happy that we talk to ourselves, in Enlibic, and laugh uncontrollably at everything we say because we think we're so fliggin hilarious? I'm in one of those. Maddens staring at me like I'm an absolute crazy person.

    Zat is a fat mut you miiiiight say......KRISPIES!

    ReplyDelete