Friday, October 8, 2010

The Sun Will Come Out...

{TOMORROW}

To prove my sanity,
Allow my best friend and LSAT companion, Wally Wall, to explain to you, in the "simplest jargon she can summon", WHY the LSAT is awful:

1) It is incompletable to the average student. It is designed so that you inevitably run out of time without finishing. (Rude, I know)

2) Too often you can arguably justify putting A, B, C, D, or E as an answer. Well, that doesn't help eliminate anything..

3) You must analyze EVERY single word. "Should" might be switched with "could" in the following premise and welp..there goes your logic if you miss that.

4) If you were to ask me "what's the opposite of hot?" I would invariantly respond "cold". If the LSAT were to ask me that, I would be incorrect in my response. The answer is: "not hot". Assume anything more, and you're hosed. Sounds easy, yeah. But imagine a string of conditions lasting 8 paragraph-lines long, and having to keep that in mind for each premise, whilst simultaneously deducing the main point, method of argument or resolving a paradox.
Pure Nausea.

5) After testing 5 sections back-to-back (with a break between sections 3 and 4) they make you complete a writing sample. Which isn't even graded. Yeaaah way to suck up 35 MORE minutes of my life, whilst killing even more of my brain cells.
la Tête= Eggs de la Scram

6) They switch from percentages to numbers. Those. Beezys. Love. To. Do. This.

7) They discriminate against mechanical pencils. Initially, I was perturbed. I felt ousted and ostracized. I was THIS close to taking it up with the ACLU.. all hail the Civil Liberty Union!

.....and then we both fell head-over-heels in love with Ticonderogas <3
(insert sappy love song here)

Anyone considering law school and in need of books?..
I have way more than can be humanly healthy. So come get 'em!
Happy Friday!




8 comments:

  1. Erika, you're the reason I'm no longer considering law school lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH NOOOO!!!! CHRIS, dont say that to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's ok, it wasn't just you. It was also the incredibly flawed legal system, uncertainty towards which type of law I would practice, copious amounts of debt I would incur from student loans, and a variety of other reasons lol But watching you prep for the LSAT was the straw that broke the camel's back haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :) Ohhh Christopher, I would have helped you study..as always. We had a good Poli-Sci run together regardless...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helped me study with what? The notes I would take for you? lol Yeah we did, and of course I'm sick of that as well. Looks like I'm probably gonna try my hand at business. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You took notes for me when I didnt go to class for reasons of being sick or otherwise. I took notes for you when you were sitting right beside me deciding for 90 mins which car would look best as your new desktop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There were quite a few times where you just were playing hooky! Anyways, most of my time wasn't spent picking a new desktop (that was only like 10-15% tops); the majority was spent planning out project builds that I can't afford but tend to be the only thing I really want right now haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this. Omg. I'm going to cry..LOL

    ReplyDelete