Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Long Lost Love

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”- Mark Twain


I was raised on the water. In fact, I think I learned to swim before I even learned to walk. By age 7 I had a boating license and had designed and built my own vintage hydroplane with my father. But my true passion, was sailing! I was given my first hobbie cat for my 8th birthday and attended sailing camp every summer of my entire childhood until I was old enough to instruct the course myself.
Sailing was the one thing that stirred my imagination and restored my soul.
But somehow in the midst of college and growing up, I let it all slip away from me.
I'm ready to set sail again!
 I guess what I'm trying to say is dont lose touch with the things you love.
What do YOU love?

1 comment:

  1. I love Mark Twain... he's one of the wisest of the wise. That's really cool about sailing... I remember my first time on a Hobbie Cat... oh man scary especially lifting out of the water :) But it was fun.

    ReplyDelete