Friday, February 11, 2011

Life's A Dance

I drove due east today until my car virtually ran out of gas, and then....
I DANCED! (and painted)
Underneath the California sun, with wildflowers in my hair.  
Yes, I went completely Janis Joplin on myself for a few hours, but talk about a liberating experience! Theres nothing like dancing amongst breathtaking landscape!
Except maybe pineapple upside down cake....
or my best friend's famous Butterscotch Krispies. HUGE fan. So is Madden.

Anywayys....

Side note: Tonight I was in the back studio at Ballet Arte practicing with Amy for the upcoming spring performace, 'Swan Lake'. Julie, owner and founder of the academy, walks over to correct the positioning of Amy's arms. Amy, not paying attention, continues to spin fouettes, whacking Julie in the face with her arm, and again in the thigh with her pointe shoe.
Almost peed my friggin leotard.
What kind of person does that make me?

 Rhetorical.
Don't answer that. 
T'was hilarious.

A wise man once said..."Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds.  A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing." 

1 comment:

  1. KRISPIES!

    Are you doing pointe, miss?

    I don't think my body could handle that anymore, honestly. You rock.

    ReplyDelete