Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Intellectual Hangover.

My Trash can is a personal statement eating monster....
I am many things. However, a person of few words doesnt exactly make the list. Words are one of the things that have always come to me more natuarally than others. I've written everything from sheet music to a 120 page article published in a Latin American law journal. So will someone please explain to me why once I have to sit down and write my personal statement for law school my mind turns to scrambled eggs? My one opportunity to boast my accomplishments and prove to these admissions councils that I deserve to go their school more than any other applicant, and I've got nothing. I put my pen onto paper only to find sketches of pokemon. WIN! Chalk me up for a full ride to Columbia. All writers block aside, life has laid some pretty amazing opportunites at my feet this year and I intend to take full advantage!
Life is what you make of it. Make the best of it!
Looks like law school is going back onto the back burner for awhile.
Eat up, Oscar.

4 comments:

  1. If memory serves me right, I believe I once witnessed a certain intelligent young lady, who was probably slightly inebriated, standing in the backyard at a party proclaiming how amazing and successful she will be; and how the fact that it was raining in the desert was somehow evidence to the validity of this declaration. Not quite sure how that line of logic works, but all the same you'll figure it out soon enough. With how much I've heard you talk I know you've got the words in there somewhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gahhh, I miss Arizona rain!! Theres no rain like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the smell of the desert after it rains is truly a unique experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, well try not to worry because law school personal statements really do not matter at all. They maybe make up 0.5% of the admissions process.

    ReplyDelete